Open Source Code Signing in the Cloud
Are you developing software under Open Source license? Secure your programs with Open Source Code Signing Certificate!
Thanks to the certificate, you will provide your program with:
- Trust and higher reputation in browsers
From today, sign without a reader or a card!
Who can use Open Source Code Signing Certificate?
- programmers and software developers working under Open Source licenses.
What is Open Source Code Signing Certificate?
The certificate allows software developers working under the Open Developer license to digitally sign the original code, and recipients to verify the integrity of the data. Using the certificate allows you to secure many file formats having, among others, the following extensions: .exe, .docm, .pptm, .xpi, .jar, war, .ear, .dll, .ocx, .cab, .msi, .sys files, .cat, .msp, .xpi, ocx, ect and is supported by platforms: Microsoft, Office, Firefox, Adobe, Java ect.
Benefits of using Open Source Code Signing Certificate
- You inform your customers that your software is secure, thus gaining their trust.
- You guarantee the ability to verify the software developer.
- You provide a high level of security for the programs you offer.
- You secure your intellectual property.
- You increase the number of downloads of your applications.
- You eliminate “Unknown Publisher”.
The certificate provides digital signing of:
- UNIX/Linux software
- Adobe AIR
- Firefox extensions
- Java applets
- Internet applications based on JAVA technology
- ActiveX components and controls
- Binary files (.exe)
- Windows operating system libraries
- Software drivers
Activation of the certificate:
During the certificate activation process, an account will automatically be created in Simply Sign application which serves as a virtual cryptographic card. An account will be created with the email address of your Certum store account.
What do you need to use Code Signing in the cloud?
- Simply Sign Mobile application installed on an Android phone from version 6.0 and above or IOS (any version).
- Simply Sign Desktop application
- Internet access
- Data contained in the certificate: Open Source Developer
- The certificate is automatically uploaded to Simply Sign account during the activation process
- compliant with the X.509 v.3 (RFC5280) standard
- secured with SHA2 function
- minimum length of cryptographic keys: RSA/DSA 3072 bit
- issued by Certum in line with international WebTrustSM/TM standard
- issued by Certum, the certificate root of which is automatically recognized as trusted in all the most popular Internet browsers as well as in all Microsoft products
The verification process and the documents required for purchasing the Certum Open Source Code Signing Certificate are described on the website Certum.eu. Check here!