EV Code Signing in the Cloud
Are you a software publisher, programmer or a developer who creates a code? Are you making your programs available for download online? Secure your codes, programs and applications with the EV Code Signing Certificate in the cloud!
- Trust and immediate reputation in browsers
- Elimination of the "Unknown Publisher" message
- Elimination of the Microsoft SmartScreen filter!
SimplySign cloud-based solution eliminates the need for a physical card and a reader
EV Code Signing Certificate is a tool that allows software authors to digitally sign their code/program/application. The certificate meets all Microsoft requirements, including the immediate elimination of the Microsoft SmartScreen Filter warning message.
By securing your software with a Certum EV Code Signing Certificate, you can protect your products from unauthorized access and theft as well as minimize the risk of warning messages from SmartScreen ® Application Reputation.
With the Certum EV Code Signing Certificate in the cloud, people downloading and installing applications from the Internet:
- Will not see warnings about “Unknown Publisher” and “Unsafe Software”.
- Will gain confidence that the software comes from a trusted source.
- Will receive a guarantee that the downloaded program is not infected by dangerous viruses.
- Will not see the Microsoft Smart Screen, which you will effectively eliminate by signing the software.
The benefits of the Certum EV Code Signing Certificate in the cloud:
- You protect your brand image, your company's reputation, and gain the trust of the users.
- You enable reliable identification of the software.
- You are guaranteed with security of your applications.
- You secure the intellectual property.
- You can use it from anywhere and at any time.
It provides digital signing of
- UNIX/Linux software
- Adobe AIR
- Extensions for Firefox and Netscape
- Java applets
- Internet applications based on JAVA technology
- ActiveX components and controls
- Binary files (.exe)
- Windows operating system libraries
- Drivers for Windows 32 and 64 bit systems and those running in Kernel-Mode. Note: From 2021 Microsoft is the only provider for kernel-mode code signatures.
- It eliminates the occurrence of the SmartScreen® Application Reputation message
Activation of the certificate:
During the certificate activation process, an account will automatically be created in Simply Sign application which serves as a virtual cryptographic card. An account will be created with the email address of your Certum store account.
What do you need to use Code Signing in the cloud?
- Simply Sign Mobile application installed on an Android phone from version 6.0 and above or IOS (any version).
- Simply Sign Desktop application
- Internet access
- Data contained in the certificate: Company Name.
- compliant with the X.509 v.3 (RFC5280) standard
- secured with SHA2 function
- minimum length of cryptographic keys: RSA/DSA 3072 bit
- issued by Certum in line with international WebTrustSM/TM standard
- issued by Certum, whose certificate root is automatically recognized as trusted in all the most popular Internet browsers as well as in all Microsoft product
The verification process and the documents required for purchasing the Certum EV Code Signing Certificate are described on the website Certum.eu. Check here!
The customer has the right to 30 days of testing the Code Signing certificate on SimplySign. If the product is less than expected, the customer has the right to exchange the product for another one or make a refund.
To make a return, please contact the Asseco Data Systems SA Complaint Team at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed information about the complaint process is included in Terms & conditions.