EV Code Signing - code
Are you a software publisher, programmer or a developer who creates a code? Are you making your programs available for download online? Secure your codes, programs and applications with the EV Code Signing Certificate!
- Trust and immediate reputation in browsers
- Elimination of the "Unknown Publisher" message
- Elimination of the Microsoft SmartScreen filter!
An electronic code (only renewal type) allowing for activation of the certificate, designed for people who have their own card and reader, compatible with the Certum card.
EV Code Signing Certificate is a tool that allows software authors to digitally sign their code/program/application. The certificate meets all Microsoft requirements, including the immediate elimination of the Microsoft SmartScreen Filter warning message.
By securing your software with a Certum EV Code Signing Certificate, you can protect your products from unauthorized access and theft as well as minimize the risk of warning messages from SmartScreen ® Application Reputation.
With the Certum EV Code Signing Certificate, people downloading and installing applications from the Internet:
- Will not see warnings about “Unknown Publisher” and “Unsafe Software”.
- Will gain confidence that the software comes from a trusted source.
- Will receive a guarantee that the downloaded program is not infected by dangerous viruses.
- Will not see the Microsoft Smart Screen, which you will effectively eliminate by signing the software.
The benefits of the Certum EV Code Signing Certificate:
- You protect your brand image, your company's reputation, and gain the trust of the users.
- You enable reliable identification of the software.
- You are guaranteed with security of your applications.
- You secure the intellectual property.
It provides digital signing of
- UNIX/Linux software
- Adobe AIR
- Extensions for Firefox and Netscape
- Java applets
- Internet applications based on JAVA technology
- ActiveX components and controls
- Binary files (.exe)
- Windows operating system libraries
- Drivers for Windows 32 and 64 bit systems and those running in Kernel-Mode.
Note: From 2021 Microsoft is the only provider for kernel-mode code signatures.
- Data contained in the certificate: Company Name.
- compliant with the X.509 v.3 (RFC5280) standard
- secured with SHA2 function
- minimum length of cryptographic keys: RSA/DSA 3072 bit
- issued by Certum in line with international WebTrustSM/TM standard
- issued by Certum, whose certificate root is automatically recognized as trusted in all the most popular Internet browsers as well as in all Microsoft products
The verification process and the documents required for purchasing the Certum EV Code Signing Certificate are described on the website Certum.eu. Check here!